Wednesday, June 30, 2021

June 30

Abby had Bible study downtown this morning so I dropped her off and then took a stroll.

As I passed by the candy store, I saw a girl, probably 11 or 12 years old, sitting on a bench eating a Push Pop. We made brief eye contact as I approached, and then her eyes drifted downward for a moment. She then abruptly popped the sucker out of her mouth and exclaimed "I like your shirt!"

Honestly, for a split second I wasn't entirely sure which shirt I was wearing (since I woke up about five minutes before we left the house), but when I remembered, I smiled and said thank you. And I felt my spirit do a little jiggedy-jig inside my chest.

See, it wasn't just any shirt; it was my "she is strong" shirt that features a cross and a reference to Proverbs. I love that this random girl saw my shirt and that it struck a chord with her. Strong girls? Check. Biblically strong girls? Double check. It gives me great hope for the next generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment