Tuesday, June 8, 2021

June 8

One of the perks of summer is that I can go up to Abby, say "hey, wanna go shopping?" at any time. And most of those times, I know she's going to say yes. So that's what we did this afternoon.

We hit several of our usual hot spots, like Walmart (I know, glamorous), Michaels (well, she sat in the car because she doesn't like it which I find hilarious since she goes into Walmart but eh), Target, Hobby Lobby, Joann, and Safeway. And then before we hit the freeway to head home, we stopped at Wendy's for some post-shopping Frosty action.

She was looking down at her phone as I rolled up to this red light and turned my head in her direction. I tried to sneak in a pic of her in her natural state, but she noticed and beat me to the punch by smiling.

I know I've said it before, but this girl of mine --this high school Senior, Heaven help me-- is such a blessing. She's kind and smart and compassionate and thoughtful and clever and witty. And best of all, she has a depth of faith that I'm not sure I'd yet developed at her age. I'm truly proud of who she is and know that she will do great things, even if she has no idea what those things will be right now. 

So yeah. That moment sitting at a red light made me remember how thankful I am for her and for all of the ways she makes this life better.

No comments:

Post a Comment