Friday, June 18, 2021

June 18

When we first moved to our current home last year, I was excited by the prospect of hosting parties since we'd never before lived in a place that was particularly gathering-friendly. But then COVID happened and I had to wait. And wait. And wait. And let me tell you, my stifled inner extrovert was not pleased with all of the waiting.

But today, I finally (finally) got to host something: Brady's baseball team's end-of-season party. And it didn't disappoint. It was 105 degrees when the families --all 12 of them-- started arriving for the festivities, so the boys and their siblings were quick to make themselves at home in the pool while the adults congregated in the shade on the deck to chat (and drink margaritas). 

There was pizza (oh so much pizza) and chips and fruit and veggies and cupcakes (including the beautiful ones pictured that my girl made from scratch!) and shave ice. And the kids all seemed to love splashing and cannonballing and spraying each other with water guns, if the incessant stream of laughter and chitter-chatter were any indication of how they were feeling.

So today, I am deeply grateful for two things: that my dream of hosting was finally realized in such a wonderful way, and that we get to be part of the 2021 AAA A's family -- and that this family is comprised of so many truly amazing people. It is a blessing to know every single one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment