Tuesday, June 29, 2021

June 29

It always frustrates me when I get to the end of the day and realize that I've not really taken the time to notice God at work in the world around me. It's even more frustrating when I discover that the only photo I've taken all day is a selfie. 

And not only a selfie, but a selfie that makes me look a little dopey.

But that's my reality this evening. And in the absence of other observations from the day, I'll say that I'm thankful for this life and I'm thankful I have a phone that takes photos of me, and I'm thankful that I have a car to sit in while I take photos, and I'm thankful that I can afford to have my hair done (which is why I took the photo with my phone while sitting in my car -- so I can keep a visual record). 

But most of all, I'm thankful for what the silver cross that hangs around my neck means. 

No comments:

Post a Comment