Sunday, June 20, 2021

June 20

Adam seemed a bit downcast entering the weekend, so I wasn't sure how this particular Father's Day would go. We both have our ups and our downs around holidays; it's almost impossible to predict how Christmas, Easter, Mother's Day, Father's Day will go, since we're human and human emotions are tricky. But fortunately, he seemed to perk up today, probably thanks to time with the kiddos, time in church, time with his parents (which featured Zachary's pizza and some cherry-dipped Dilly Bars from DQ at their rental home in San Ramon), and a few Corvette sightings while we were out and about.

It was those Corvette sightings that really got me today, to be honest. We saw one after church, and as I had my quiet time this afternoon, I prayed that God would show Adam more of Logan as the day wore on. And more specifically, I asked for more blue Corvettes.

And then as we drove to visit his parents this evening --between the DQ and their house-- we saw it crossing through an intersection: an old school Corvette Stingray in... blue. I noticed it right away, he noticed it right away. And I knew it was a blessing from God sent on a day when it was needed more than usual.

So for that small answered prayer and for the blessing of having a husband who is an especially wonderful dad, I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment