Tuesday, May 16, 2023

May 16

With just a few weeks of school left, summer baseball is upon us. Brady will be playing on the little league 12u All-Star team (official notification went out tonight) and Isaac... well, it's been a journey trying to figure out what he will do.

Initially, he had two options: a team run by the Varsity coach at his school, and Headfirst (which is more of a club/travel kind of team). He signed up for the high school team because it's so close to home and tried out for Headfirst and was offered a spot on a new team.

And then rather unexpectedly, a spot opened up on a Babe Ruth team that his freshman assistant coach works with, and he offered it to Isaac. After mulling the opportunity, he decided to take it, and I took him to his first game this afternoon.

And I nearly laughed aloud when I saw his number: 77. See, Isaac is almost always number 7. He missed out on being 7 for the freshman team because another boy chose it first, so he settled for 10. But I knew he was bummed about it. So it's almost like he got a 7 to make up for the one he didn't get this spring and a 7 for the summer. 

I guess that's a little weird, but I took it as a sign from God that we're on the right track with this team. And for that decidedly unusual bit of confirmation, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment