Monday, May 29, 2023

May 29

I glanced out the window at some point this afternoon and noticed a new sign in the front yard.

I couldn't see what it said, but I had a good guess, so I had Brady go outside for a look. And I was right: it's his All-Star sign.

He was on the 11's All-Star team last summer, but since so few 11-year olds were eligible, it wasn't especially difficult to earn the honor. And once the summer ended, Brady said that he wanted to be on the team again this year, only he wanted to really earn it this time.

And he did just that. He was an integral cog in his team's mechanics this spring, with a batting average that hovered around .400 all season long and some solid defensive work, too.

I'm proud of his hard work and grateful that he's earned another chance to play over the summer. And I'm hopeful that it will be another positive experience that will help him to continue to grow as a child of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment