Tuesday, May 23, 2023

May 23

Well, the game tonight didn't go the way we'd wanted. The Phillies wound up losing 4-3 in a whopping 9 innings (a normal length game is 6), which forced yet another game tomorrow night to decide the winner of the title. Brady was near tears as we left the Sports Park. But I'd prayed before the game that things would go as they ought to, so I'm at peace over how it went down.

But what I really want to address is this girl, over here on the left. After dinner and after Isaac and Brady were in bed, she did as she's done so many times before and plunked herself down on the floor in front of me and Adam. And she talked. She's been talking for some time now, telling us about the colorful customers she's encountered at work and singing random bits of song from various musicals and just... life. Whatever happened to occur to her in the moment.

She and I have been butting heads a bit this week, so I'm grateful for the peaceful (and entertaining) interactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment