Thursday, May 4, 2023

May 4

Brady had a game this evening and Adam finished work early, so we swung past the high school to pick up Isaac from his not-practice (apparently his teammates didn't feel like practicing so they didn't; he was bummed out and told me so repeatedly) and headed over to the Sports Park.

It wound up being a quick (1:20) but dramatic win for the Phillies. For his part, Brady went 1 for 3 and did some great work with the glove on defense at first base. 

It was a chilly evening out there on the bleachers, but I got to share a blanket with my middle son. And I got to hear his thoughts on the strike zone. (The second pitch that was called a strike during Brady's first at-bat? Totally a ball.) And I got to watch him hop up periodically so he could saunter over to the dugout to exchange words with his little bro.

Winning is nice and I'm grateful for the team's success, but the other stuff -- those things are the sugar cubes that sweeten life.

No comments:

Post a Comment