Friday, May 19, 2023

May 19

It seems like too much of an oversimplification, but today was a very good day.

It began with my usual Mother Ship run where I saw Terry and a number of the usual suspects. I also got to see and spend a little time catching up with my old pal Ti, who I hadn't seen in about a year.

From there I headed out to Livermore with my friend Jen for a wine tasting at Murrietta's Well. It was a gorgeous 70-degree day with blue skies and a light breeze and it was just so wonderful to sit outside in such a lovely setting sipping a selection of wines and chatting.

Then we closed out the day with Isaac playing his second game as a member of the Tri Valley Babe Ruth Royals. He patrolled left field for the entirety of the game, and went 2 for 3 at the plate. I am so thankful that he was given the opportunity to play and I'm optimistic that it will go a long way in healing some of the hurts that resulted from his disappointing freshman season.

So yes, it was a very good day. And I am very, very thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment