Saturday, June 10, 2023

June 10

I was tired when I got up this morning. And by tired I mean tired. I was tired enough from the week's practice-game-practice-game rigamarole that I seriously considered skipping out on an extended family party this evening because although I'm mostly extraverted these days, the introvert in me was absolutely begging for some alone-time. "Go lie on the bed!" she chirped. "Go fall asleep while watching crime TV!" But in hindsight, I'm so glad I didn't listen to her.

I took my tripod along and snapped this image of everyone who attended, from Jenni and James' two-month old little girl Kennedi Jo all the way up to Gigi, the family matriarch who's still kickin' in her mid-90s.

In addition to meeting Kennedi and offering up plentiful congratulations to her beaming parents, we also celebrated Adam's parents' 50th wedding anniversary (which was actually yesterday) and spent lots of time eating and catching up and living in the moment (and drinking margaritas and even playing a little bit of basketball with my boys, as stunning as that sounds). 

It was just a good time. And I am thankful that my weariness did not win out.

No comments:

Post a Comment