Tuesday, June 20, 2023

June 20

Once again I find myself writing late at night, so I'm torn between trying to hurry up and finish so I can go to sleep and noting every morsel I can remember, just so Abby and I can go back and chuckle over all of them later on. Oh, the quandary.

We began our day as usual with a Mother Ship run, and then made our way over to Butler's Orchard. We only visited the store, but still came away with some yummies, including a jar of cherry preserves (most definitely for me) and some flavored honey sticks (to take back home). Butler's has changed a lot over the years, but navigating the twisty road to get there filled me with nostalgia so I'm glad we went. (And I'm sure I'll be glad all over again when I crack open that jar of jam, too.)

From there we went for a drive, and eventually wound up in Black Hill Regional Park. Abby likes seascapes so we parked near Little Seneca Lake and walked down to a pair of docks for a good look at the water. Nearby fisher-kids aside, the serenity of the scene --of the glass-like surface of the water and the trees and the partly cloudy skies above-- was so calming that it filled me with a sense of peace.

By this time we were both pretty hungry, so Abby navigated us to Five Guys, where she was given the largest "regular size" serving of fries that I've ever seen. (Seriously, it's like they were reproducing in the bag.)

Finally, following a brief rest-stop at Bobby's, we went to my grandma's house to meet my mom so she could drive us to our evening entertainment: a production of Jimmy Buffett's Escape to Margaritaville at Toby's Dinner Theater. It was a good performance all-around, but I have to say that the memories most likely to stick with me involved Abby's giant plate of cheese cubes, wild poodles, and the beautiful human Ken doll.

It was another good day, and I am grateful for the experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment