Wednesday, June 21, 2023

June 21

It was a very full Wednesday.

We started off at the Mother Ship for morning coffee and then drove up to Rocky Ridge to visit my dad, who is the postmaster there. It was rainy out and definitely chilly so it was slow going as we wound along those country roads, but we made it. We hung out and talked for a few hours at the post office, and I marveled over how different a small town post office and ours at home really are.

By the time we bade farewell to my dad and hit the road, it was 2 PM, so we opted to navigate to Frederick in hopes that's we'd find something decent to eat. But as we drove along, I noticed a sign that claimed we were in close proximity to a covered bridge. Since I literally read an article about Maryland's covered bridges just a month ago, I decided I wanted to see it, so we took a brief detour to check out Utica Covered Bridge.

And then we did indeed find food in Frederick; it wasn't exactly Jerry's, but we have a sneaking suspicion that it was formerly a Jerry's. And the cheesesteaks were just fine, so the so-named Jack's Subs and Pizza did just fine.

And then after a quick pit stop at Bobby's, we again headed out, this time to Lib's in Fulton for a meet-up with my middle school friends. It was a blessing to see those who were able to come and to be able to introduce my girl to them. We may not have all been best friends back then, but I'm so grateful for all of them now and for our occasional get-togethers.

All in all, it was a driving-day. But it was also a good day, and for all of the sweet moments enclosed within the hours, I am so grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment