Monday, June 19, 2023

June 19

It's rather late so please bear with me!

Today was another good day for Abby and me. We arose late-ish (which is becoming something of a trend) and went to the Mother Ship for libations. 

After mulling our options (and noticing the non-existent line), we decided to hit Jimmie Cone for the second time this trip. Abby opted for orange with rainbow jimmies, while I noshed on the traditional (but extremely drippy) chocolate-chocolate pairing, and then we were off to Walmart so Abby could acquire a shirt and gaze at the Maryland-inspired architecture in Mt. Airy. (Translation: Water tower. She calls them "Maryland Inspired Architecture.")

Next up, we stopped by the Damascus McD's for a drink for me. I hadn't been inside that location for years and I was blown away by how much it's changed since my younger days. It was rather surreal: very much the same outside, very different inside. I'm sure there's something deeply philosophical I could say about that but honestly, I'm too tired.

Anyway, another drive down a backroad followed, and we found ourselves pulling off the road and going for a short trek along a trail in Little Bennett Regional Park. Strangely enough, the trail featured a selfie stand, so we took healthy advantage of the photo opp.

Then following a brief stop at Bobby's house, we drove over to my mom's. I finally presented her with her very late Mother's Day gift and with the pink, white, and gray blanket I've been working on for months. (And I also included a few additional items for her to enter in the county fair for me later on this summer. I figured I may as well!) 

With the exception of our foray to Jimmie Cone at ten-something in the morning, we'd missed lunch, so when we left mom's, we scooted over to Arby's so Abby could enjoy more roast beef. Another short stroll at a different park followed, and then we made our way back to Bobby's for a homemade pizza dinner with the fam (save Bri, who was at dance rehearsals all day). 

And now? Now I'm tired. But I'm grateful, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment