Friday, June 2, 2023

June 2

One year ago, we were on the edge of a season of significant change as Abby graduated from high school, Isaac finished middle school, and Brady completed elementary school. At the time I wasn't sure what would come next; I didn't know how Abby would adjust to Wheaton and how we'd adjust to her being 2,000 miles away for much of the year. And I didn't know how the boys would adapt to their new school environments or to daily life without their big sis around. There were plenty of unknowns that inspired fears that were mostly unspoken, but still present in my mind.

But today, which doubles as the one calendar year marker from Abby's graduation and the final day of 6th grade for Brady and 9th for Isaac, I feel a sense of great gratitude and peace because the past year has been smoother than I ever could've imagined.

Brady conquered his first foray into changing classes and managing multiple teachers' expectations. Isaac navigated his freshman year and kept his spirits up amid a disappointing spring season of baseball. And Abby made amazing friends at Wheaton while acing her own academics (which means she didn't sleep much but that's beside the point). And they all continued to grow into kind, well-mannered, good-hearted human beings who try to do the right things. 

So today, I'm grateful for all of those blessings. I'm grateful for good teachers and coaches who really care about students. And I'm grateful for the coming summer months and for the time we'll have together as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment