Monday, August 12, 2024

August 12

When I traveled back east for my grandma's memorial service in May, I took along a suitcase filled with crochet creations for my mom to enter in the county fair for me. (Thank you, Mom!) Today, I got the results.

In addition to this sand-and-waves blanket that fared particularly well with the judges, I also earned 10 blue and two red ribbons. All in all, not too shabby for someone who learned the art during COVID.

It's personally rewarding for me to be able to create comfort items for people who need to know that they're being thought of, remembered, and prayed for. I enjoy pouring myself into each piece and feel blessed that after the initial steep learning curve I had to climb, it comes to me relatively easily. That talent is one of God's sweet gifts to me, and I am grateful for it. (And I'm also grateful for my mom's help!)

No comments:

Post a Comment