Sunday, August 4, 2024

August 4

We spent time this weekend parked in the family room, taking in all ilks of Olympic action from Paris. (And Tahiti. Can't forget about those surfers.)

We've seen volleyball and gymnastics and soccer and handball and air rifle and swimming and track and field events and skateboarding and water polo and basketball and rugby. (The latter is probably Brady's new favorite sport. He found it greatly amusing to watch the players truck each other over and over again.)

I've enjoyed seeing people from all over the world perform and achieve, and I've been touched more than once by the stories some of them have shared. The heart and grit and determination they show is inspirational.

I'm grateful for the athletes' openness and for how they inspire others. (And I'm grateful that I can work on projects as I watch.)

No comments:

Post a Comment