Friday, August 30, 2024

August 30

After my Coffee and Chat Time this morning, I headed out to do some window shopping (and buy milk, since Isaac pointed out that we were out during his 10PM visit to the refrigerator last night).

Since I was right next door visiting Target, I decided to walk over to Bath and Body Works. I pop in every now and then to buy a room spray or a Wallflower refill, but I'm not a huge shopper. In fact, I usually visit for the nostalgia factor, since I can so clearly remember going to the one that was in Lakeforest Mall with Meg back in high school. Our teenaged selves would sniff and spray and eventually leave with our wrists saturated in several scents. We probably smelled terrible but hey, it was fun. (Just like now, it's fun to go with Abby during the Christmas season so I can see her eyes light up at the displays.)

Anyway, they had a decent sale going on today so after perusing the offerings for a little while, I decided to get a new scent for Fall. And after considering the options, I went with Champagne Apple & Honey. It's light and crisp and feels very Autumnal to me.

So yes, today I'm grateful for sweet memories with an old friend, and that something as basic and mundane as new soap can still make me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment