Thursday, July 11, 2013

July 11

I blinked and bam, I'm halfway to my next birthday. It's insanity, I tell ya.

Anyway, this is how Isaac dressed himself today:

He's the only kid of my four who primps and preens in the mirror. And he's always had a fascinating fashion sense, often pairing button-down collared shirts with plaid shorts and sandals. Today, he went with Spiderman sandals, tan corduroys, a Captain America t-shirt and a burgundy velveteen button-down vest.

Now for the tie-in. The sight of him in his outfit reminded me that he's growing up. He's old enough to pick his own clothes and to dress himself. Though some days I feel like time is passing too quickly, I'm keenly aware that it's a huge blessing to be able to see my children grow up into responsible adults. And it also reminded me that God views ALL of us with the same bemused wonder that I feel when I look at Isaac in his funky fashion picks.

No comments:

Post a Comment