Friday, July 19, 2013

July 19

I went for a walk by myself this evening. After a hectic, stressful, mentally tiring week, it was nice to have a few minutes to just regroup. And breathe.

As I passed through the local park, I glanced up at a light pole. And today's wink was born. Er, revealed.

It was just a momentary glance, but what I saw surprised me: the light bulb that illuminates the path was super tiny. It amazed me to realize that something so small could provide enough light to break through the darkness.

And of course, as a good former Sunday School student, the old kids' tune came to mind: This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine....

No matter how small we are --or how small we feel, because believe me, I spend plenty of time feeling utterly insignificant-- we can still be bright lights in this dark world.

No comments:

Post a Comment