Friday, July 26, 2013

July 26

As I was leaving dinner tonight, the Brad Paisley song Letter to Me started playing in the restaurant. And it got me thinking... a lot.

For the country music deprived among you, the song features Paisley sharing all of the life lessons he'd like to tell his 17-year old self.

I've always liked the tune quite a lot, but tonight, it struck me in a completely different way. It made me realize how incredibly grateful I am that my 17-year old self didn't know how her life would pan out.

Even though we're sort of wired to want to know what will happen months and years down the line, it's an amazing blessing that we don't. Not knowing can be frustrating, but at the same time, it gives us an unmatched opportunity to develop faith.

And faith, hope and love are more important than anything else.

1 comment: