Sunday, July 7, 2013

July 7

We went for a walk this evening, as we often do on warm, weekend nights. We followed one of our usual paths and saw the usual sights and heard the usual sounds. It was mundane. But also familiar. And there's a degree of comfort in that which is familiar.

Like this tree. I've passed it probably hundreds of times over the past several years, but I've never really stopped to look at it. And why would I? It's just a plain old tree, after all, and it looks nearly identical to every other tree of its ilk. But it's part of the background scene of my life, and chances are good that I'd notice if it disappeared. It reminded me that the tiny details of our existence --even the ones that seem completely inconsequential-- matter. And it reminded me of exactly how good God is at planning every bitty bit of human life.

No comments:

Post a Comment