Sunday, July 13, 2014

July 13

My mug, two days in a row. I know.

But it's not really about me. Here we all are (sans my Sunshine, of course) after our walk earlier this evening. Abby and I got back from dropping my mom off at the airport a few minutes ago, so this was our last walk with her for quite a while; she doesn't get out here more often than once a year, and we'll be here in California for Christmas.

My mom and I have a complicated relationship. She's both one of my biggest adversaries and confidantes at once. When something frustrating or amazing happens, she's the first person I try to call. But we're also equally stubborn (VERY) and have different personalities, so we also butt heads.

But make no mistake of it: I love her dearly, and always will, no matter what. And for that... I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment