Monday, July 7, 2014

July 7

I know. Some of you are sick to goodness of rain and would be happier than a pig in a pit of slop if it would just stop falling. But that's not the case for us: we're experiencing a severe drought and the water conservation restrictions that accompany one. That's why I was so excited when I glanced onto my patio this morning and saw this:

Raindrops! Actual, real live raindrops that fell from the sky. After I screeched it's raining! It's raining! five or six times to no one in particular, I went outside to feel it and got more than I expected, because the air was absolutely rich with that heavenly scent of rain.

The bounty lasted only a few minutes, but oh, did it remind of what a blessing rain is indeed. And it gave me hope that eventually it will rain here for real once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment