Tuesday, July 15, 2014

July 15

Today was a tiring kind of day. Lots of bickering, complaining, yelling, and just generally difficult behavior to contend with (by the kids. Thanks to an early afternoon double chocolaty chip Frappuccino, I was mostly okay). After a family shopping trip this evening, I decided to decompress by going for a walk with my girl. I knew that if we walked down the road that runs behind our house quickly enough, we'd be treated to a stunning view of the sunset. Fortunately, we were just in time. (And we also had enough time to pop into the Ghirardelli store to grab a free sample before we turned around to head home.)

There's something intensely relaxing about watching the sun drop below the clouds at the close of a long day. And it's a terrific blessing to share such sights with my daughter. It was a blessing to get a chance to watch the sunset with her. It's a bigger blessing to walk with her and to hear her thoughts and to realize that she's growing up, because I don't take growing up for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment