Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2

Today was composed of an exceptionally exasperating set of hours. A delivery screw-up meant the new fridge didn't come as expected, a website for which I've freelanced for seven years announced they'll be closing down at the end of the month, my TV and internet went down in the early afternoon, and I went to the dentist and discovered that I have a cavity. Now I know as well as anyone that these are all small, insignificant things in the grand scheme of this life, but their collective weight was enough to drive me nearly nuts. But a single positive, unexpected thing turned the day around.

I do a lot of interviews with famous and semi-famous folks, but rarely do I get any kind of recognition for my efforts. But today, I kind of did. I noticed a spike in my statistics for an interview with two of the judges for the reality show "BBQ Pitmasters," and was gratified to find that it had been posted to the show's official Facebook page by a page administrator. It may seem like a small thing, but that little bit of promotion gave me a huge jump in what were otherwise pretty pathetic numbers.

So for that little piece of 'something right,' I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment