Saturday, July 19, 2014

July 19

The sky this evening was pretty spectacular, if you ask me. As we walked, my eyes were repeatedly drawn upward toward a bright blue canvas accented by clouds so varying in height and depth and color and texture that they managed to morph into something new and even more spectacular between each glance.

I took this image as we neared the end of our stroll. As we approached a clearing where the sky was more visible than it had been, I felt an urge to stop and wait. I didn't, because Adam and the kids forged ahead, but after I'd crossed the road, Adam pointed toward the rays of sunlight that had suddenly spilled from the clouds that surrounded the sun. I'm glad I didn't miss them. Even though I didn't stop like I thought I should, I wasn't denied the sight. It's good to be reminded that I don't need to be perfect in order to receive good things; it's good to know that thanks to Christ, my flaws are overlooked and I'm blessed anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment