Saturday, July 5, 2014

July 5

Although I didn't pick up my mom from the airport until after midnight, she, Abby and I headed out to the American Girl store in Palo Alto bright and early this morning. Abby had been waiting since the end of the school year to buy a new doll, and we had fun when we visited the store in Northern Virginia over Christmas break, so I made a reservation to have brunch at the Bistro.

This image from that meal speaks to me in several ways. For one, I love how genuinely excited Abby looks. I love that she's sitting there with her doll. And I love the way my mom is looking at her oldest granddaughter. Girls are something of a rarity in my family, so it's a blessing when we can get together for to indulge our collective hunger for all-things pink and ruffly. A blessing indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment