Tuesday, July 29, 2014

July 29

Adam was home sick today, so I left the Little Boys at home with him this evening while Abby and I did our usual Costco trip. They had no interest in tagging along, so I turned on "Cars" just before we headed out the door.

About five minutes of the movie remained when we got home. Brady was insistent on watching the credits, and when the slow, soulful "When You Find Yourself" finally came on, he shouted Mommy, let's dance!.

So we did just that.

I have distinct memories of dancing with Logan to that very same song. It feels like forever ago in a way, but as I held Brady and slowly bobbed back and forth to the beat of that familiar tune, it seemed like my Sunshine wasn't quite as far away as it may otherwise seem. And for that --for days when he doesn't feel a million miles away and for the gift of dancing with cute little boys who call me mommy-- I'm deeply grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment