Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July 22

I feel like different people have been jumping down my throat all day long. I don't really know why; they're just extra sensitive or I'm just extra stupid and don't know it. But either way, by dinner time tonight, I'd just about had it. I needed someone, somewhere, to say something nice. And lo and behold, I found that person at Costco, of all places.

I was trailing a few steps behind the kids and Adam, who was pushing the cart. We turned down an aisle and discovered that it was partially blocked by an abandoned cart 'o stuff. A man was coming toward us with his own cart. Rather than pushing ahead aggressively as people are wont to do at Costco, he showed us a big old smile and said 'you go on ahead!' He smiled as we passed by, and after we said thanks, he wished us a great evening and went on his way.

It was a very small thing and he probably has no idea that the gesture even registered on our radar. But for me, it meant a lot. And for the little, kind, often overlooked gestures, I'm thankful, because God is surely in and behind them.

No comments:

Post a Comment