Monday, July 14, 2014

July 14

Logan's birthday is in a few weeks. He should be turning eight years old. As we did last year and the one before, we'll do fun things together to observe the day. But it still won't be a "happy" day because he won't be here to take birthday pictures or blow out the candles on his cake. So it was very fitting when my friend Kim, who also has a child in Heaven, posted this blog entry about how to treat parents who have lost children.

I read it. A lot of times, I don't read these things because they can feel like needles under my skin, pricking and burning and tearing flesh that's already far too tender. But I read this one, and I'm glad I did because I related to every single word -- about how people walk away when your child dies, about how they seem to forget that your child existed, about how they're scared to say his or her name, even though it's what you want to hear more than anything in this world.

Oh, and to make it an even bolder God wink... Kim forgot to tag me in the post, but I saw it anyway. It was right up at the top of my Facebook feed where it couldn't possibly have been missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment