Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 11

Today started off on a low note. After a night of fitful, heavily interrupted sleep, I was annoyed this morning to find that my sinuses had swelled completely shut. I have a long (long) history of severe sinus problems, so I decided not to screw with it, and at Adam's urging, I headed off to urgent care, and came away with a few new prescriptions that should help get it under control soon. I laid low as the day progressed. I finally came downstairs for dinner this evening, and after Adam took the boys to bed, I sat alone with Abby (well, she sat while I walked on the treadmill, but we won't mince words). And we watched "Caillou."

Yes, I know: it's an incredibly annoying show for preschoolers. It's actually probably the most maligned preschool show out there. But it's what she wanted to watch, so that's what we did.

I like that she's almost 10 yet still enjoys a little kid program now and again. And I like that she actually likes it --she told me that it's a "cute show" when I asked about her selection-- and isn't just tuning in to mock the characters. I want her to grow and mature and become who God intends her to be, but I also love the moments when I get glimpses of who she once was; of her as a spritely, sassy little three-year old with her sprout-y pigtails and many, many opinions.

For those things --the past, the present, and the future that still remains to come-- I'm thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment