Monday, October 13, 2014

October 13

Between my allergies and my ever-fluctuating emotions over Logan and how losing him makes me feel like less of a person, I'm fighting the temptation to let myself fall into a bad place. That's just the truth.

This afternoon, as Brady, Isaac and I walked from the school to the playground, a breeze ruffled my hair for a moment and I instinctively looked skyward.

As I briefly admired the sunlight streaming through the trees, I was reminded of the beauty that surrounds me every day. The warmth of the sun, the blue of the sky and the rustling of the wind in the trees are all stunning reminders of the goodness inherent in human existence.

And it's important to remember those things --those beautiful things that God created-- when life feels more challenging and painful than we'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment