Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6

Our water heater decided to bite the dust today. Fortunately for us, ours lives in the garage. Unfortunately, it looks like it leaked for a few days before it finally really let loose with its flood-y good(bad?)ness. But even in times of frustration, God still finds a way to shine through.

That is indeed a run-of-the-mill floor fan. After I asked via Facebook if any locals happened to have a fan I could borrow, my friend Laura piped up that she'd bring by not just one but two fans and a pizza. And that's just what she did. And you know something? The kids snarfed up the pizza, and the fans are busily working to dry out the concrete before tomorrow morning, when the repair person is scheduled to come by to assess the damage (and hopefully replace the unit so I can turn the water back on!).

People can often be disappointing, but they can also be awesome. And today, I'm thankful for awesome people.

No comments:

Post a Comment