Sunday, October 12, 2014

October 12

Adam usually puts the kids to bed. Since he's gone most of the day, it gives him the chance to spend one-on-one time with each of them. But since he's out of town for the week, the responsibility of course falls to me. I was very impressed this evening to realize how far Isaac has come with his reading skills.

When school started in August, he had zero interest in reading. He actively avoided nearly all opportunities to practice and made it very clear that it wasn't his thing. Well, at some point over the last six weeks, he's changed his tune. Tonight, he read me an entire story --a beginning reader, mind you, but still, an entire book. And when I went to check on him after I'd left Abby's room, he was lying in bed, under the glow of the blue lights that line his ceiling, reading that same book yet again.

It's such a blessing to see him learning to read. And it's an even bigger blessing to see him enjoying the process. I know that God is in his attitude's turnaround.

No comments:

Post a Comment