Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8

My allergies are still flaring, so I woke up feeling badly at 3:30 this morning. Since I didn't want to wake up Adam with my coughing jags, I got out of bed and went downstairs for a little while. After a few minutes in front of the computer, I remembered the lunar eclipse that was supposed to happen at some point and got up to look outside. And though this image does it zero justice, I saw it:

It was a gorgeous night; clear, with stars dotting the heavens and that round, reddish moon right overhead. I went into the back yard to get a clearer view and wound up standing on the patio for quite some time, watching the subtle succession of changes in luminosity and color.

The sight made me realize how small we all really are. What a blessing it is to have a great big God who watches over us.

No comments:

Post a Comment