Tuesday, October 28, 2014

October 27

This tree sits on the field beside the school.

Since it's deciduous, I've watched it cycle through the stages of tree life over and over again. I've seen it teeming with fresh leaves. I've seen a score of healthy leaves glimmer in the sunlight. I've seen said leaves turn brown (and occasionally, shades of yellow and orange) and then fall to the grown, as was the most recent case.

And that memory of watching the tree experience its own life made me remember something important about my own: like the tree, my life is also lived in a series of cycles. Though UNlike the tree, mine don't necessarily follow a prescribed order, I still go through changes as my circumstances get better and worse and then better again.

Having the hope that Spring will come again is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment