Saturday, October 25, 2014

October 25

Today, we took our annual trip to Half Moon Bay to visit Pastorino's Pumpkin Farm. It's a tradition for us to drive down, braving traffic and bickering in the back seat, to wander among and pick out pumpkins for the season that lies ahead. We take the same photo every single year, dating back to when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Abby and looked like I was trying to smuggle a huge gourd out of the patch. Here's this year's:

I love our tradition. I love that we take this same shot over and over again so I can see how the kids have grown and changed over time. And I love that I can remember Logan being with us, toddling among the pumpkins and giggling as he picked delicate purple flowers to share with me.

There's a great deal of power and meaning in those memories, and I'm innumerably thankful to have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment