Wednesday, October 22, 2014

October 22

The sunset this evening was breathtaking, but I almost missed it. (This picture is pretty lame, but it was the best I could do as the sun dipped lower behind the hills while I sat at a red light.)

With no dinner plan in mind and Adam unexpectedly running late, I made a snap decision to take the kiddos out to Arby's to get food. I was annoyed when we set out --frustrated with Adam for running behind, frustrated with myself for being without a plan-- but seeing those colors in the distant sky almost instantly changed my perspective. There's just something so soothing and disarming about those beautiful shades of pink and orange and yellow.

The sight made me remember the truth that even though things may not always go my way, I can still find the good if I'm open to seeing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment