Wednesday, February 11, 2015

February 11

A Corvette across the way when we went to lunch. A cool "zoom car" driving home. New Pixar Cars at Target. The perfect bright yellow and orange potted plants at Lowe's. A giant sunshine ballroom.

So many reminders of our sweet Logan today. So, so many. But my favorite of all came as Adam, Brady, and I left our lunch hour destination. As we walked back to the car, Brady cuddled Lambie tightly, kissed him, and called him "Wammie."

That sweet voice cooing that sweet name took me back in time to when Lambie's boy cradled him and called him "Wammie."

Brady is his own person, but at times he reminds me so very much of his biggest brother that it takes my breath away. In that sweet moment of nostalgia, my heart warmed as I listened to him tenderly caring for that very special lovey.

I wish Logan were here. I wish we'd gotten that amazing miracle I so wanted and so believed in. I may never get over that; I'd give up so, so much to have him here. But I'll be thankful for what I can get: the moments, the reminders, and the days that somehow manage to not be as painful as I fear they'll be.

No comments:

Post a Comment