Monday, February 2, 2015

February 2

Since she's my oldest, I'm perpetually in uncharted waters with Abby. She'd probably throw a fit if she saw this, but despite my relative inexperience, I know she's most definitely in the pre-teen phase. Rapid fire changes in emotion followed by full-force bursts of willful attitude that are inexplicably capped by cheerfully delivered vignettes from her day are more the norm that the exception.

But still, despite the craziness, I'm deeply thankful that she talks to me; that she shares what she's thinking and feeling, even if the method of delivery could sometimes use some serious improvement.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: it is a GIFT to watch your children grow up and blossom into the bigger people they were designed to be. I will not take that for granted, and I'm thankful for the reminders of the sheer magnitude of that blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment