Tuesday, February 24, 2015

February 24

We weren't planning on a play date this morning after drop-off; it just kind of happened. And of course it was just what I needed.

I won't lie: I went to bed way too late and got up way too early, so my plan was to drop Abby and Isaac at school, go home, and take a nap. A long, luxurious nap. But as we walked toward the car, my friend V and her son E were also walking toward their car. I asked if they needed to scoot right away, she said no... and we were there until almost 11.

It was a blessing to see Brady and E laughing and playing together so well. It was also a blessing to just sit and talk with a friend for a while. I can't remember most of what we talked about (seriously, I am part goldfish), but I know my heart felt better when I finally headed home. (Well, when I finally headed to the Cheesesteak Shop to satisfy a sudden craving, but you get the point.)

Friends --real ones-- are a blessing, and I don't want to forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment