Friday, February 6, 2015

February 6

Praise the Lord, it's finally raining again! But before it began, I walked Abby and Isaac to school, dropped Brady at preschool, and headed over to visit Logan's grave. I don't do that particularly often these days; I don't really know why. Right after he passed, I went every day after preschool drop-off, but now, it's like I'm happy enough going with the family once a week. Anyway, after I sprinkled some new grass seed and dirt, I stood and looked down at his stone. Strong winds whipped my hair around my face, but they didn't make me cold; it's almost as if they just made me more aware. Just before I got into the car to leave, I asked Logan to show up today if he could. A few minutes later, I approached a red light and saw this:

I was surprised to see the rainbow because it hadn't rained yet; just a few drops here and there with partly cloudy skies above. But I took it in and smiled. Then a little later, I saw a pretty white Corvette stopped at a different red light. And again, I smiled.

It's easy to miss the reminders of God's --and to whatever degree it's possible, Logan's-- presence. But when I do see them --when my heart is fully open to believing that they're real-- they're truly salient blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment