Tuesday, February 17, 2015

February 17

I was profoundly disappointed with this image.

It was cloudy and cool out all day long, but as I drove Abby to her dance class this afternoon, I was surprised to look up and see bright swaths of light that weaved their way through the otherwise drab sky. I kept track of that special spot in the sky as I drove, determined to take its photo as soon as I stopped the car so I could use it as today's wink.

And then when at long last I was able to stop, it had lost some of its brilliance. Most of it, really. I took the shot anyway, hoping that it would prompt my mind to recall the Real Deal. And you know something? It did. I can still see it in my mind's eye.

Sometimes, memories are good enough. And as funky as it may sound --because we're so trained to believe that the Real Deal is always better-- it's a blessing to remember how precious memories can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment