Saturday, February 14, 2015

February 14

I like Valentine's Day, but it is, at its root, just another day. Another wonderful, mundane, unique, boring, spectacular day that becomes whatever we make of it.

Mine consisted of a mishmash of the mundane and the unique, with Mom/Daughter dance class, lunch at our usual haunt, Isaac's first-ever t-ball practice, and a trip to the doctor with Brady. I took him in because I was pretty sure he had bronchitis. (I was right). I did not take him in thinking he would throw up all over me while we sat in the waiting room. (I was wrong). I also didn't think I'd have to sit through the appointment wearing an inappropriate tank top, which Adam kindly brought for me when I called to explain what happened. (I was wrong.)

Though it wasn't something I'd like to repeat and I feel bad for my poor little Muffin, I'm grateful to have another new (and decidedly humorous) story that will live on (because believe me, it will). I'm thankful that I was able to find the funny, because there's little better --and little more uplifting-- than finding the funny with the people I love most of all.

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is so sweet and endearing. Thanks for sharing and brightening up people's days with these blessed stories.

    ReplyDelete