Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23

I wasn't fast enough to get a photo that shows it well, but there's a little story behind this one.

We were at the park between pick-up times this afternoon when Brady suddenly looked up and shouted "look! Look! Mommy, look! Isaac, look!" So of course, I did.

I didn't see it at first, but then I finally found the impetus of his glee: a large flock of birds soaring overhead. They moved as if part of a giant wave that coursed its way through the sky. He watched them until they were gone, and then looked up at me with a huge smile and told me how much he'd enjoyed seeing them.

That kind of joy over something so simple... I think it's how we were all meant to live back when humans were first put on this earth. I'm thankful that children have their eyes open to see and truly appreciate things like this that jaded adults like me so often miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment