Thursday, June 14, 2018

June 14

Abby and Isaac went to work with Adam today, so it was a Brady-and-mom Thursday. We started off with a trip to Black Bear Diner for brunch (per Brady's request), and then moved on to do some late-in-the-game shopping for Isaac's birthday tomorrow. (Ten. He'll be ten. Already. It's insanity.) A little later, I took him to his swim lessons and then we wound up at Starbucks for a mid-afternoon treat: vanilla iced coffee for me (because though I wanted a frap, I just couldn't make myself order one) and a cake pop for him. Between the cake pop and the orange Fanta he wheedled me into buying him at Walmart, he was a happy little camper:

I don't get a lot of one-on-one time with my kiddos, so it's always fun when it happens, even if we're just doing mundane activities like finishing a word search at brunch and shopping and swimming and Starbucks'ing.

Life is, after all, --as I've said a whole bunch of times before so please forgive the repetition-- lived mostly in the little moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment