Saturday, June 9, 2018

June 9

Abby's dance recital was this morning. Thanks to our five years of three-show-thick Mother/Daughter dance action, it'd been a number of years since she'd been in only a single show, so it flew by for me at warp speed. I had a lot of thoughts as I sat and watched the routines, but the most striking one was this: my girl is really, truly one of the Big Girls now. Her Little Girl days are over.

Given that she's my one and only daughter, it was a bittersweet revelation. On one hand, I'm sad that she's no longer flitting around the stage in a poofy skirt while singing an ever-charming and adorable children's song. But on the other, as Lambie reminds me, it's an honor and a blessing to watch her grow and mature into a young (yet taller than me by half an inch) lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment