Saturday, June 2, 2018

June 2

Way back when, Abby and I took regular evening walks together. It was our quality girl-time. At some point, we started going shopping on Saturday afternoons and --gradually-- that activity replaced those walks. But tonight, while Adam put the boys to bed, my girl and I went old school and took a stroll around the park.

With preschool, elementary, and middle school in the books, only four short years of high school remain before she'll be off on her own. It's a sobering thought for me, since on some level she'll always be a little girl in a purple feather boa and a plastic tiara, so I'm doing what I can to make sure I don't waste the moments we have left with her under our roof.

Every minute we're given is a blessing. Every. Single. One.

No comments:

Post a Comment