Monday, June 25, 2018

June 25

What can I say about today as I sit here with my glass of sparkling strawberry wine and a chocolate Twinkie? (Yes, I know. Weird combo. And yes, also weird that I'm in possession of any kind of alcohol. Let's move along.) Staycation day three was a good one all in all; I heard from Abby, who shared that despite her anxiety, she's socializing with her high school peers down in Arizona. (She's on a mission trip, since I probably failed to mention that before.) I also had a PTA-related chat with a former president, and spent a little time at Nikki's before finishing out most of the afternoon at home. Then this evening, I headed out for some shopping and dinner with this one:

In many ways, Kathy and I have vastly different personalities, which can at times be something of a challenge for me since I'm excruciatingly sensitive and prone to misinterpretation. But I genuinely love my time with her and am thankful that despite our differences, she continues to be part of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment